Diego Ordóñez´ challenge to the city of Zamora / Reto de Diego Ordóñez a la ciudad de Zamora

Recreation of Zamora's siege 2022

English

I challenge you, Zamoranos,

by fement traitors

because of the death of King Sancho

guilt you declare for sure

when you have on your walls

sheltered the murderer.

Therefore to each and everyone

and in council I challenge you.

Challenge men and women,

I challenge the old and children,

I challenge the living and the dead,

the unborn and born:

I challenge the donkeys and mules,

you stir up the bread and the wine,

I challenge the brambles of the mountain,

challenge to the stones of the river.

If someone denies me this,

come deal with me.


Spanish

¡Yo vos riepto, zamoranos,

por traidores fementidos

pues de muerte del rey Sancho

culpa declaráis de fijo

cuando habéis en vuestros muros

dado amparo al asesino.

Por ende a cada uno y todos

y en concejo os desafío.

Riepto hombres y mujeres,

riepto a los viejos y niños,

riepto a los vivos y muertos,

los por nacer y nacidos:

riepto a los asnos y mulas,

rieptovos el pan y el vino,

riepto las zarzas del monte,

riepto a las piedras del río.

Si alguien esto me desmiente,

salga a lidiarlo conmigo.

Versión de Agustín García Calvo

Entradas populares de este blog

BURGOS HONRA COMO SE MERECE A SU PERSONAJE MÁS ILUSTRE, EL CID CAMPEADOR

THE CULTURAL CENTER OF SPAIN IN HONDURAS (CCET) WILL HOST THE TROUBADOUR CRISPÍN D'OLOT

CRISPÍN WILL TEACH A WORKSHOP ON PERFORMING ARTS AT THE CENTRO CULTURAL DE ESPAÑA IN EL SALVADOR